Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanics
National Occupational Classification
$17 to $42
✅ Completion of secondary school is usually required.
✅ Completion of a three- to five-year apprenticeship program
or a combination of over five years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in refrigeration and air conditioning repair is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
• Install, troubleshoot and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
• Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices
• Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing
• Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems
• May install, maintain and repair equipment in refrigerated trucks used to transport food
• Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components such as motors, controls, gauges, valves, circulating pumps, condensers, humidifiers, evaporators and compressors using hand and power tools
How to apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to: